Thursday, December 30, 2010

xmas day

Since the Scotts were skiing, Stacy and the kids came over for a jammie Christmas morning.
There was playing...

Book reading and personal space invasion...

and toy eating.

Later, we opened our stockings.

Who would have thought 3 chapsticks would be the hit gift?

Well, those and the M&M gumball machine!

As a family of blended religious backgrounds, we are still fine tuning how we celebrate the holidays (my Hanukkah post is coming but I have to get some pics from Cathryn). I have only asked for a little Christmas celebration because of the continued meaning that it has for me, but this is not in a religious way whatsoever. This year I finally feel that we've figured most of our traditions and they should be in full swing next year.

Stacy and the kids came over while the daddies went skiing for a laid back Christmas morning. I made a yummy breakfast, the kids played, we tried to watch a princess movie, and the big kids got a bath. Later, we opened stockings and next year I need to be more specific that not every gift needs to be a gag gift or something that we need for house (seriously, sponge tops?). However, the ear plugs were funny considering the amount of whining I had been listening to.

It was a good Christmas, but I know the day will only get more exciting as the kids get older and understand what's going. The same applies for Hanukkah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment