Thursday, December 16, 2010

avery | photo shoot


I know what you're thinking - it's about time you posted photos from a photo shoot dedicated to Avery alone. You seem to be focusing so much on Vivienne's photos these days. Well, faithful reader, I agree, but let me defend myself. Taking pictures of Vivi is easy, relatively speaking. When I'm done I just have to choose the ones where she has the cutest faces and smiles. With Avery however, the effort that goes into actually getting him to agree to let me take his pictures, getting him into cute clothes, setting up the scene and then getting him to smile in a less-than-ridiculous manner is staggering. Please observe:

I thought that playing in blankets would be something fun for him to do while I took the pictures. Pretty cute, but the light isn't quite right. There was zero time to adjust the settings.

What are you talking about, this is a pretty cute picture.

This is what I got when I asked him to look at the camera.

And then he does this to show me just how much he does not want his picture taken.

And then he gets distracted by something crusty on his jeans, yes the ones I pulled out of the hamper for him to wear OVER his jammies because he refused to take them off.

And then he wanted some milk.

So I decided to work with it.

You have no idea how long it took him to drink a 1/4 cup of milk. Yes, he's toying with me because I want something from him.

He finally finishes his milk.

And I zoom in.

And then he's done.

I would also like to point out that I included ALL of the decent shots and only a fraction of the pictures where he's got his hands over his face, picking at something, making a silly face or turning his head away from me.

The big HOWEVER is, that I love all of the pictures because this is what a 3 year old is supposed to be doing and boy do they tell the story of our Friday morning photo shoot.

Avery, I cherish you.

No comments:

Post a Comment