We got to celebrate Annabelle's 3rd birthday a few weeks ago and it was a great party. Cathryn set up an entire room for playing play dough (which there were gallons of, homemade, mind you) and the kids LOVED it. Okay, all of the kids LOVED it, but then there was Avery who was so I.N.T.O the stuff that he could barely be pulled away for pizza and cake AND had a screaming fit when we tried to get a picture of all of the kids. He alas, is not in the group shot.I didn't post any party shots because I am simply not happy with my work. I seriously need some guidance when it comes to situational photography, like parties. Plus, taking pictures of ever moving, not interested in having their picture taken 3 year olds is enough of a challenge. In addition, I had changed a lot of my settings and forgot to change them back and this made my camera extremely sluggish, kinda like pushing a double umbrella stroller with two kids across a soccer field filled with goose poop (I'm looking at you, City Poop...I mean City Park). However, Stacy and I held a little photo shoot for the younger set who are not yet mobile. I'm enjoying it while it lasts.





This really was a fantastic party and I apologize to Cathryn for my shodding photo work. I really do need to study my flash's manual.
On a final note, I had to laugh because at the end of the party Cathryn hands me the goodie bag and says, "Don't let Avery have this in the car, there's a knife in there and some candy." I must have given her a look because she quickly says, "Safety knife." Annabelle's party was cooking themed so the safety knife fits in well, but I had to laugh when someone hands me a bag with a knife in it for my 3 year old. Sorry, Cathryn, but it was HILARIOUS.
No comments:
Post a Comment