Wednesday, December 29, 2010

thoughts on this morning

1. It is not fair when one child wakes up at 6am and the other is still sleeping (it's past 8am).
2. Having the kids share a room is not currently working for our family.
3. My baby is a terrible sleeper. The two nights of A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. and all of the work that went into them were undone by one little cold.
4. I witnessed Vivi blow the perfect raspberry yesterday and she has been trying diligently to recreate said raspberry every since. Even from 2-4am. Mostly she's just blowing spit all over her face.
5. It is now 3.5 hours since she woke up and she is in desperate need of a nap, yet I can hear her in the nursery blowing raspberries.
6. I am reminded of my favorite reason for odd baby behavior, as told by our pediatrician, after I took Avery in for a suspicious cough (of the fake sounding variety) when he was about 4 months old, "Because they can."
7. No good deed goes unpunished. I slept on the couch so that I could attend to the kids while Scott got a good night's sleep in order to speed his recovery and when I went in this morning he asks, "Why did you abandon me? I didn't sleep well."
8. Scott is now very sick. I actually just hand fed him a piece of toast. Frankly, I'm surprised by my own spously devotion.
9. It's unnerving not being able to see a clock when you wake up in the middle of the night.
10. Even when Vivi starts sleeping consistently, if that happens, I will have to be retrained to sleep for long periods of time. Even without the prompt of a baby or sick toddler, I'm up at 2am.
11. Only the first half hour of the Today show is worth watching.
12. I do not like being up early enough where turning on the lights is a necessity.
13. I feel surprisingly good for only getting 4 interrupted hours of sleep.
14. The following is a video of the noise I listened to for two hours in the middle of the night and am currently listening to now. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment