Saturday, March 12, 2011

that's what she said

As Sarah as my witness, Vivi said Mama last night about 20 times! Yes! It was awesome.

I was shoveling feeding her dinner while Avery was coloring. I paused to look at what Avery was doing which meant I had to turn my back to Vivi. Apparently, she did not appreciate the pause in her eating action because the next thing I hear was a loud and pronounced, "Mom!" It certainly got my attention. Thinking it was just a fluke I fed her a few spoonfuls and then turned my back to her and again and again she said, "Mama!" We did this about 10 times.

At this point I knew I needed a witness and Scott is at less than 50% when it comes to picking up phone calls at work (he's busy) so I called Sarah and cryptically said something like be quiet, listen, you're on speaker phone, and it worked! Vivi said Mama again.

Avery now thinks that I need to turn my back on Viv to get her to say Mama. I think that I just need to withhold food for a few seconds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment