![]() |
| Even though she didn't care for swimming the first time, she loves class! |
![]() |
| Vivienne and Mady enjoying swim class. |
![]() |
| I bet you're wondering what this is all about... |
![]() |
| Then it was the big kids' turn. |
![]() |
| All by himself. |
So, you may be wondering why I included that odd picture of the side of Scott's face with me in the background. Well, let me tell you, it captures a momentous occasion in the life of Avery. Right before his class was about to begin, I asked him if he needed to go potty and he said yes. I get up to take him to the locker room and that boy just marches himself into the men's room...BY HIMSELF! Wanting to encourage his independence, I let him go. I let him go.
Meanwhile, my mind is racing. Thinking about strangers and the other exit and the fact that he's probably touching the underside of the seat to lift it up unless there's a urinal but if there is does he know how to use one, is he washing his hands, what if he gets scared, now I have to have the stranger conversation with him but is he too young to understand and how do I teach him without scaring him or making him jaded against humanity and what other disgusting things is he touching in there...and just about the time I've called, "Avery, are you okay?" for the tenth time, he comes prancing out a proud boy. My little panic attack quieted. We survived.
I think both Cathryn and I were a little nervous about how the kids would do in a swim class all by themselves, but let me tell you, they have both exceeded our expectations and are doing so so marvelously. Avery really loves swim class and I love watching him. I can only imagine how proud I'll feel when he's swimming laps by himself.
Oh, and if you thought getting one child showered and dressed was intense, try two babies, two mommies, and two toddlers. We've entered a whole new level of crazy. It's a good thing I brought snacks.
Overheard at swim class:
Annabelle: Avery you're my BEST friend.
Avery: Annabelle, I love you so much.
Annabelle: Oh, you're so sweet.
![]() | ||||||






No comments:
Post a Comment