Tuesday, May 24, 2011

phases


Vivienne wore two piece jammies for the first time on Sunday. I don't know why but this just really struck me as being a big deal. She's a baby and should be wearing feetie jammies, but alas, those days are numbered and toddlerhood is just around the corner. Toddlers wear two piece jammies, you know. 

Avery was so inspired by Sister's jammie choice (a delightful print passed down from Hannah) that he chose a similar style for his evening wear. He does this often.

In addition to wanting to match jammie styles with his Sister, Avery is most definitely head first into some sort of testing phase. He's really been giving us a run for our money and our follow through on discipline. He and the word 'no' have become best buddies. I however, do not care for 'no' and have been encouraging him to find other friends. I have also told him repeatedly that it is fruitless to engage in a battle of wills with either one of his parents.

I'm really hoping that he gets the message that we're not backing down and that he indeed needs to be a good listener and not have a fit anytime someone mentions "potty" should he want to continue having toys to play with, tv to watch and cupcakes after a haircut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment