Monday, August 15, 2011

verbal vivi

Since Viv has been chatting up a storm lately, I began to wonder where she is compared to where Avery was around the same time. We considered Avery to be a verbal baby and that assumption has proved true over the past 3.5 years. Well, I consulted the blog and started with Avery at 11 months and perused my monthly updates until he was 14 months because I remembered making a list of words he had. To my surprise, I couldn't find such a list and wondered what happened to it. Turns out, I did not look far enough. 

The word list I made for Avery occurred at 15 months. It is as follows:

(10) Words he says frequently: mama, dada, dog, hi, by-bye, please, that, done, papa, duck
(12) Words he has said, even once: Annabeh (Annabelle), Hann (Hannah), Ikki (Nikki), grandma, horse, baba, ball, I, car, you, how, Ssss (Sarah, but that might not count)

(8) Signs: please, thank you, more, eat, water, blanket, all done, bite

Nikki made such a list for Vivi today at 13 months. It is as follows:

(25) Words she says frequently: Mama, Dada, bye-bye, hi, up, Nana (Nikki), Gaga, Mimi, Bebe, baba, wawa (water), baby, dog, ball, nose, knee, more, please, cheese, beep, all done, doll, one, yes, eat
(11) Words she has said at least once: pool, bath, uh-oh, ha, flower, pull, baa, meow, chirp, spoon, me,
(8) Signs: bite, more, please, milk, yes, all done, thank you, drink

Wowee. I had no idea there was such a difference between them.  

So, I'd like to apologize to Vivi for referring to her as "Little Miss 50th Percentile" and I'd also like to tell Avery not to worry about me comparing him to his sister because she still can't walk and cries a lot more than he did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment