Sunday, August 21, 2011

embassy picnic

Just like last year, Avery's favorite part of the day was helping Daddy call Bingo letters.

Really? This is the face of a boy eating a Dove chocolate ice cream bar? So serious.
A few more bites and he starts to enjoy it.

And is kind enough to willingly share with Sister


She's starting to enjoy ice cream a little more these days.

He was so excited to play all of the games and help out, but he REFUSED to run in the 3-legged race with me. Maybe next year.

Sister was content to play with a VERY full water balloon. Vivi, you're living dangerously with that thing over your head!
Luckily, it fell on to the ground and Brother picked up the pieces.
Each year, Scott's hotel hosts a family picnic for all of the employees. He stuffs them full of food and then organizes the most ridiculous relay races for the families to participate. I thought I had a good chance of running in the 3-legged race with Avery this year, but it was a no go. He did however, play some baseball, croquet, and ring toss. I love seeing Scott wearing his hotel manager's hat because all of his employees love him and tolerate his joking and goofing around.

Seriously, next year, I'm in the 3 legged race and if Avery doesn't want to, I'll drag Vivienne out there. Hopefully she'll be walking by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment