![]() |
| Everyone working on their respective projects |
At the beginning of the month Cathryn send me an email with the receipt for the publishing of her 2009 blog book with a message saying she got it in just in time. We had purchased a few Groupons for book printing several months prior and me being the aggressive, deadline fueled fool that I am bought two thinking that I could easily get both the 2009 and 2010 books edited before the coupon expires.
As I've mentioned, my brain calendar is malfunctioning so not only did I incorrectly remember the expiration date, I hadn't even come close to finishing both books. When I read Cathryn's email, I had that sinking feeling that I had made yet another mistake. At least this time I was in Denver.
A few emails to the fine people at Blurb and my printing coupons were extended to the end of the month! I quickly sent off 2009 but that bastard 2010 took FOREVER. Seriously, I neglected my kids for days to get this thing done, which ironically is all about them!
The actual reason for this post is not to whine about blog book editing, forgotten deadlines and the like but for the picture above. I spend a lot of time sitting in front of this computer trying to get the books finished and my kids wanted to be with me so much that they just sat there at the table with me. Luckily Avery is very in to workbooks and can sit for long periods of time, and Vivi, well, she's not at Avery's level but sat with us anyway, sometimes coloring, sometimes moving things from one cup to another.
I really just want to take the time to appreciate that I have two people in my life who want to be near me so badly, that they'll sit at the dining room table, strapped to a chair doing practically nothing rather than playing with all of the fantastic toys they have. They are both currently here right now. I know that this parental dedication is just a fleeting moment in time, and now that the blog book and this post are done...I'm going to play.

No comments:
Post a Comment