![]() |
| Erica and I took the boys for a weekend adventure at the Embassy Suites Downtown...I know someone. |
![]() |
| The boys quality tested the mattress. |
![]() |
| And I quote, "It's a silly book." |
![]() |
| We enjoyed happy hour. |
![]() |
| And then some fine dining in a train car. |
![]() |
| Followed by ice cream and espresso at the Market. |
![]() |
| Finished with a pedi-cab ride. |
![]() |
| There may or may not have been some running. |
![]() |
| Or a handsome baggage courier. |
![]() |
| Or riding in style. |
![]() |
| But the star of the weekend was the Big Blue Bear! |
I'll be honest, I had to sleep with someone to get this deal, but it was worth it!
Scott called in a favor and got Erica and I an amazing deal at the brand new downtown Embassy Suites. No, we were not interested in staying in Scott's crappy hotel ;)
Erica and I had been talking about having a sleepover with the boys and coupled with the fact that Eli is turning 4 later this month, I thought this would be a great way to celebrate. We had so much fun. It was nonstop adventure and activity. The boys played their hearts out and loved everything we did. However, the show stopper was the Big Blue Bear statue outside of the convention center across from the hotel. We had the pedicab driver drop us off there the first night and had to return the next day to see him in the daylight. The only way the trip could have been better was if our hotel room had a Bear View.
It's remarkable how many conversations one can have with two almost 4 year olds about the emotional state, wants, interests, needs and construction methodology of a 40 foot tall fiber glass and cement bear.
I had such a good time with my son and love all of the adventures we get to go on now that he's a little bit older, a little bit wiser and a little bit more able to stay up way past bedtime without completely melting down!












I think Scott's "crappy hotel" is just lovely, but then again I was raised on a farm with an "outdoor" bathroom, so I'm easily impressed.
ReplyDeleteScott,
You and your staff have done a fabulous job making your "crappy hotel" an great place!