Tuesday, August 23, 2011

first day of school

Who is this MAN???
Glad I got a picture of his new kicks (he chose them himself) because they'll never be that clean again.
I could fill a sandbox with the sand his brings home from school in his shoes.
I wore the same shirt last year on the first day of school. Might be time for Mama to do some school shopping.
This is Nikki's second year in a row joining us for the first day of school.

Avery is the only one wearing shoes.
It's probably a good thing she'll be going to school next year. She would have happily stayed.
Here we go again, except this time Avery is in the 3s class. Avery is the type of kid who couldn't wrap his head around summer vacation because why in the world would he ever want to NOT go to school. The first day of school was a long time coming in his book. He made fast friends with a little girl during the open house and they have become inseparable. She refers to him as her 'best boy.' Avery is also the official Class Helper because he's the best listener...so says the teacher via Nikki. Not being able to do any of the class pick-ups and drop-offs is definitely the worst part of working 4 days. I don't have any one-on-one communication with his teachers but luckily, Nikki is fantastic about such things. 

I think it's going to be a great year and next year things are going to be quite a bit different with Vivi in school part time and Avery in school every day. Yowza, that's a lot of lunches to pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment