


It is truly moments like these where I find myself saying 'this is why I have two kids' even though I never anticipated that this would be the best part. Watching Avery and Vivi interact and play together brings me nothing but pure joy. Vivienne ADORES her brother and he is the best version of himself when around her. I am so proud of Avery in the compassion, love and care he shows towards his sister and I want to savor every moment before the inevitable sibling rivalry enters our household. He always needs to know where Sister is and she is of his first concern when returning home. Their faces light up when they see each other and can play happily for hours.
In the above pictures Avery was eating a veggie booty snack (after he had come in with me after her nap) and of course, Vivi wanted some. When I told Avery that the pieces were too big for her, he volunteered to bite off smaller pieces and feed them to her. It was just so sweet and fun to watch him carefully chew the right size piece and inspect it one last time before offering it to her. Frankly, I am surprised he didn't lose a finger in the exchange because that girl can eat.
I feel so grateful that their interactions are a part of my daily life. I love my children and I love even more the relationship they have with each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment