Monday, February 7, 2011

vivienne | 7 months















Oh, the shame. I'm going to admit something to you (and you, and you, and you) that I just knew was going to be a problem, Vivienne's birth date (7-6-10). You see, I have a certain fondness for odd numbers and was a little dismayed when Avery was born on the 2nd, but I moved on. Then with Vivi, I constantly repeated her due date in my head (7-7-10) throughout my pregnancy. I liked the cadence, the oddness of it, but alas, I gave in, had acupuncture, and gave birth on the 6th. Literally, every month I have to remind myself shes a 6 and when I fill out her birth date on forms, I always pause. Always. Um, yes you can say bad mom.

Anyway, I uploaded the pics for the blog on Saturday thinking I had a jump on things and that on Monday the 7th, I would publish it so that the date stamp would reflect her birth date. I even mentioned to Scott this morning that our baby was 7 months old today and he countered that she had already been 7 months for one day. In the craziness that is a working morning, I let it go and even went as far as to start composing an "I Told You So" email to him when I got to work claiming that he was wrong and that today was indeed the 7th, her birth date. Luckily, I realized my folly before hitting send because I might have never lived that down.

So yeah, I missed her day. She was born on the 6th, THE 6TH, THE 6TH, THE 6TH!


Okay, onto Miss Vivienne...7 months and 1 day old. She has really started to enjoy eating and would eat her weight in puffs if we let her. She will be wiped out from sitting in the high chair eating her dinner, slumped over, and still continue to maneuver puffs into her little mouth. She hasn't quite gotten the pincher grasp down so eating small objects is still a whole hand operation. If one happens to fall onto the floor, she will keep looking at it longingly until I pick it up and give it to her. Her object permanence is prime. Now that she's eating more calories during the day, her night sleep has improved. She even slept 12 solid hours this weekend! Of course, the second I hit 'send' on the email to the sleep consultant, she decides that now would be a good time to start sleeping consistently, but I'll take it. I think after Sarah leaves (she's coming this week) we'll night wean her, so fingers crossed.

I'm now at the point where I could just keep repeating myself each month because her baby personality has not really changed. She is a very happy, interested, playful baby. She has started "calling" to Avery when he goes further away from her than she should would like. This entails a very high-pitched scream, but one that is reserved especially for him, as opposed to her other screams. Yup, she's loud and she's a chatterbox. She adores her brother. They actively play together for most of the day and she never tires of his antics. She can repeat raspberries and "baba" if you say them to her. Still no teeth, which is funny because she had molar buds at 3.5 months, but those have gone back in. Her hair is wild in the morning and she tolerates my brushing, pulling and styling almost too well. She HATES having her nose suctioned, wiped or touched for that matter.

I am grateful every single second that I have her...now, if I could only get her birth date correct...

No comments:

Post a Comment