Thursday, October 6, 2011

vivienne | 15 months

This is my new favorite Vivi pic.
Well, the 7th came and went without much fanfare...ah, had ya going, didn't I? The 6th came and went without much fanfare. Vivi is just racking up the months and has definitely turned the corner towards toddler. She is lady of many words, most of them, "No." She loves to play - kitchen, whisk and bowls, cars, putting things into other things, bath time and hole. Scott would like me to note her affinity of bonking her head into things.

If I haven't mentioned it, I'm going to go ahead and say that girls are harder. Vivi is much more temperamental and opinionated than Avery ever was. She can go from zero to sixty and back again in a matter of seconds. She is much more aggressive and pushes when he commits any kind of sibling foul. Avery never did this, still doesn't. That being said, I love having this little firecracker in our house. The whining could go, but I guess you can't have one without the other. It's the yin and yang of personality. Her joy and happiness coupled with what I consider to be the opposite of easy going.

Vivi is very, very loving and has been in to french kissing just about anyone and anything. The other day, Avery was upset and she went and got his Bebe's for him as well as Owl. Tiger was a tad too big for her to haul. Her laugh is infectious and while she is still very much a Mama's girl, she and Daddy have a strong bond. She understands everything said to her, follows multi-step instructions and has a great associative memory. She always tries to get my bathrobe for me when I step out of the shower.

She still scootches, but can pull herself up to standing and cruises around the furniture. She has mastered climbing in and out of the hole and her various chairs. She has an affinity for going butt first into something and then standing up, like the shower door or brown chair. 

She still loves to eat and her favorites include cheese, veggie straws and broccoli. Speaking of food, even though she enjoys it, she's not eating enough of it. Girlfriend has dropped to the 8% for weight and that is no good. So, as of today we are returning to the high calorie diet. I stopped at Whole Foods on the way home from work and bought full fat yogurt, bacon, sausages, avocado, ice cream and more cheese. If she hasn't put on sufficient weight in the next 6 weeks, there will probably be some blood work in her future so see if anything more serious is going on. I'm not worried, but I am dedicated to helping her gain weight. I find it ironic that my kid who loves all types of foods and enjoys eating is the one with a weight issue. Crazy.

Here are the rest of her stats:
Weight: 19lbs 14oz | 8%
Height: 31.25" | 70%
Head: 18" | 50%

I am just head over heels for this little lady.  

1 comment: