Thursday, October 20, 2011

playing with light

That's some SOOC (straight out of the camera) shit right there.
Photography is all about light and I feel like I've got a pretty good handle on how to light a more traditional portrait with even light on the face and catch lights in the eyes, if my subject is cooperating that is. However, I wanted to play around with some side lighting and see what I could get. I think this photo is a little too contrasty but it has a very different feel from say, Vivi's 15 month photos. Plus, and here's the best part, Avery was more than willing to sit and have me direct him in where and how to position his head. That may be a first. I am going to continue to push my photography skills because there is something so satisfying in trying something new and having it turn out half-way decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment