Friday, September 9, 2011

vivi's first haircut

Vivi's first time in the pink plane!

Everything is a-okay when you have veggie straws (these also get us through Target, long car rides, etc.)
It kills me that the clips were necessary.

What's this? She actually seems to be enjoying it. You might want to click on the pic to see it larger, she's making some pretty silly faces.

Something's not right. I don't see any tears or hear any screaming.

Killing two birds with one stone...Avery is in the black plane.

Already socializing with her stylist.

So pretty.
Since Avery had his first hair cut at 4 months, I knew that if our second child was a girl, she would have lots of hair that I would insist on growing out. Well, look what happened!

I have actually been a little hesitant to trip Vivi's hair because I knew it would mean she was becoming a big girl. However, after seeing how scraggly it looked in the leg warmer pictures, I knew it was time. Also, Madelyn had just had her first trim and her hair looks so cute.

I was prepared for the worst and wondered if I had made a big mistake scheduling her appointment when I didn't have any other adult reinforcement (Avery was busy with his trim). How was I going to take pictures while trying to calm a screaming child? I even went as far as to apologize to Miss Shelby for the crying that was about to occur and the obnoxious paparazzi mom. A side note; Madelyn cried during her first trim and there is just something so endearing about those pictures and truthfully, I was looking forward to having my own crying baby getting her hair cut pictures.

Well, no one is more shocked than I with what happened. I have been tugging on her locks since day one and she has been to that salon every few months since she was born, so there were a few things working to our benefit. But seriously? No fussing? No crying? No trying to get out of the pink plane? Who is this girl? 

Miss Shelby commented at how easy going Vivi was and I laughed out loud.

Actually, as Vivi is getting older, her fussiness is definitely decreasing. She was never a full-on, fuss pot (except during our trip to MI) but she is much more high maintenance and whiny than Avery ever was. There must be something hard wired on that second X chromosome. Should be a blast when she's 3 and then again at 13. I can't wait...now where did I put that sarcastic font....?

So yes, Vivi's first hair cut was a rip roaring success. I told you she is a girlie girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment