Friday, September 30, 2011

so grown up







I'm dying.

After I came out from getting Viv back to sleep (she's recently discovered standing in her crib and can't quite figure out how to get back down), I see some little feet moving on the porch. I look further and Avery is lounging in the chair reading Scott's library book. The grownup-ness of this kills me. The book, the recline, the crossed feet, the diligent way he's checking to make sure the title of the book is on each and every page. 

Seriously. These are easily my new most favorite pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Who can believe that our darling boy is going to be four so very soon! My favorite thing is when he says, "Grandma, what are you doing?" I say, "I'm playing golf." It amazes me that he understands, and sees, the humor in that. So he has to ask me about a dozen more times, and he laughs after each silly response. Yeah, this is a real sentimental birthday! He's just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to add that Avery is a pure reflection of his loving parents who talk to him, hold him to high standards and expose him to all kinds of activities that have helped him grow into our wonderful little guy!

    ReplyDelete