Our VERY average baby:
Weight: 13lbs 15oz (55%)
Height: 24.5 in (53%)
Head: 16.25in (55%)
We had Vivi's well baby visit today and mostly planned on talking about her sleeping and teeth buds showing in the back. Lucky us, Dr. Noah says the front bottom teeth are primed and ready to go and the back ones shouldn't progress any further until the fronts come out. Get ready for Cranky Vivi 2.0. Damn you Hylands teething tablets and your recall! Get you shit together because there are many parents out here who have relied on your tablets to help their children through this time. FYI, they also "cure" tummy aches in 2, now 3 year olds, but I guess no longer.
I do feel like we've turned the corner with her sleeping and for 3 of the last 4 days she slept 7-7.5 hours, ate and then slept another 5. Previous to that, I had been reducing her 1am feeding time by 2 minutes each night and by the time I got down to 5 minutes, she was sleeping through it.
In addition, Dr. Noah heard a slight heart murmur and if she hadn't had an echo-cardiogram in the NICU, I might be more concerned than I am right now because it's results showed no reason for concern and Dr. Noah showed a lot of respect for the pediatric cardiologist who interpreted the results. I am thankful every single day that her initial health concerns can be chalked up to transitioning out of the womb rather than to anything more serious. We will continue to monitor the heart murmur but last time, a different Dr. did not hear it, which is a good sign. Murmurs that come and go are less serious or even not serious.
So nothing of too much interest to report but she better move up a few percentiles in height if she ever has a chance of sharing my clothes or being taller than her daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment