Friday, November 5, 2010

the birthday party

The kids enjoyed the play equipment so much that Scott and I decided we should have just had the party at City Park.

When I wasn't looking, someone convinced Avery to ride a horse. Avery! On a horse! My jaw was on the ground (and he actually looks like he's having fun).

I had to laugh when I downloaded this pic from Cathryn because she took it and it looks like she's calling Scott a "horse's ass."

All the friends: Eli, Hannah, Annabelle, Avery and Ved

We really could have used Aunt Sarah wearing a pig hat to get them to smile, a la last year.

If you look closely, you can see the beautiful mountains in the background.

Hugging time.

In addition to the horse, we got way up high on the straw bales. Who is this kid?

Fun, but not as fun as it looks, at least for the Mamas with long legs.

Avery actually thought he was steering the train.

Avery insisted on letter cupcakes with em-ee-ems on them.

He sang Happy Birthday to himself as well.

Good eatin'

Avery with Grandma Heidi and Papa Mel.

Grandma Carole

Our annual family birthday celebration photo. Love it.

The whole fam damily.

With the exception of some amazing ski days in Steamboat and Aspen, Avery's birthday party was one of my most favorite days in Colorado. The weather was P.E.R.F.E.C.T. The pumpkin patch was amazing and had so many fun things for the kids to do. If he's interested, I think this might become Avery's annual birthday party venue. I am grateful to Cathryn for taking so many incredible pictures because I found that hosting a party, playing with a 3 year old, and tending to a fussy/teething baby limited my picture taking ability. Despite my limitations, between the two of use we took over 700 pictures. You can see the extended collection on my picasa site.


No comments:

Post a Comment