Tuesday, July 27, 2010

smiles magoo

5 days old.
I don't know if this 100% counts as a smile, but I love this face.

7 days old.

13 days old.

20 days old.

At first we just thought it was just random facial movements causing the "smiles," but after 3 weeks of life, Scott and I just know that they are actual SMILES. Actually, it only took a few days of interacting with her to realize that we have a smiley baby, when she's awake that is.

At 3 weeks old today, Vivienne is still a very easy baby. She only wakes up a night to eat and then goes right back to sleep. Even though she only sleeps in 2 hour, sometimes 2.5 hour increments, we are generally getting enough sleep to not be sleep deprived, just a little tired. In addition, she doesn't wake us up with crying, just increased breathing and some fussiness. For those of you who don't know, she's a pretty loud breather because she is a BOOGER FACTORY. Even Nose Frida (the most amazing Sweedish snot sucker) can't keep up with her atomic strength snot. This causes her to have a chronically stuffy nose, but there are no worries because she's still eating like a champ.

She's currently going through a little growth spurt which means she's eating more and sleeping more (if that's possible). She had started spending more time awake and alert but then the growth spurt hit and it's good night, Gracie. The only time she really cries is when I used the above mentioned Nose Frida. It's hit or miss during clothes or diaper changes. She will sleep just about anywhere (except the swing) and loves milk.

I am enjoying every minute of her at this age but am also looking forward to seeing her personality develop and to truly know if she's a smiles magoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment