Sunday, July 31, 2011

milestone sunday

These pics are from tonight, but they don't capture any of the action. I couldn't get the timing right.
We interrupt your regularly scheduled vacation blogs (many more are in the works) to bring you Milestone Sunday!

I was thinking about posting a blog today about Vivienne because I had been expressing pretty consistently what an unhappy girl she was on vacation. There were times that I got sincerely worried that it would be a permanent condition rather than 'just a phase.' Anyway, Vivi, was in such a happy, laughy, splendid mood that I thought it worth mentioning it on the blog.

Well, she took her fantastic mood a step further and turned this into Milestone Sunday. I will start by saying that she doesn't roll over. She may have done it once or twice on accident a few months ago, but certainly not recently. I know, this is something babies half her age master easily, but not our girl (she did fail the gross motor assessment portion of her 1 year checkup). Whenever I try and help her roll over, it's like her back is glued to the floor and if I go as far as to force her over, she starts darting her head back and forth with this look in her eyes that says, "What the hell just happened to me? What the eff am I supposed to do on my tummy?" She did the same thing today the first time I flipped her over, but we persisted.

With just a couple of practices, she was consistently rolling over! The whole reason for teaching her to roll over is to help her get from lying on her back to a sitting position and this two step process involves being on one's tummy and then pushing backwards, up and over one's feet. And wouldn't you know, she mastered that as well tonight! All three of us were cheering, clapping, hugging and kissing. I love that this is what my house sounds like.

In addition to the rolling and sitting she also put 2 words together for the first time. "Hi, Dada." She has about 25 words, but has yet to start stringing them together. I told you Milestone Sunday!

I will now return you to your regularly scheduled vacation blogs. Posted below.

No comments:

Post a Comment