![]() |
| I have been trying to hold a photo shoot for Vivienne's 12 month photos since the beginning of July. They usually end up like this. |
![]() |
| Of my several attempts, these turned out the best. |
Enough already.
I know I said I would be posting things on the day they happened, but enough time has elapsed since Vivi turned 1 that I had to post these on the actual day I got around to it. You see, I have had a hell of a time getting a good set of pictures of this girl. First of all, she's been pretty cranky and the second I set her down, she begs to be picked up (see first photo). Secondly, every afternoon when there is usually gorgeous light, we have been having monsoon like thunderstorms leaving the house dark and not suitable for photos. I am not past holding a shoot in the rain but lightning typically accompanies these afternoon storms, and even I have my limits.
So, when I saw Nikki feeding the kids dinner across the street when I got home from work, I grabbed my camera and hoped for the best figuring that Nikki could stand behind me and get her to smile or wave.
I guess I just felt a lot of pressure to capture the most beautiful shots since she is ONE WHOLE YEAR, but alas, I did not. I wanted to capture the same spirit I did for her 11 month pictures - great light, smiling faces & a little sense of humor. I know, the pictures above are pretty cute, but it took some heavy photoshopping for me to love them.
***
Well, Miss Vivienne Sam is 1 year old. Her personality is really starting to blossom and I think we have a girlie girl on our hands. When I took her to the toy store to get her present, a luxury one can only get away with for the 1st birthday, she freaked out when we got to the doll section. She was screaming, "Mimi! Mimi!" the entire time. Mimi is her pink blanket, but I think she uses the term whenever she sees something pink that she loves. I ended up getting her the most awesome doll stroller, something I would have killed for as a kid. Avery loves it too.
Girlfriend is behind the curve on her gross motor skills since she isn't really pulling herself up, can get up from a reclined position, can't stand by herself and is in no way close to walking. Dr. Noah did tell us that kids have until 18 months to walk before he starts getting worried so we have some time, and I think we're going to need it.
However, her verbal skills are top notch. She has over 20 words and uses lots of sign language. I think this might be why she's so whiny. She understands how to verbally communicate but can't do it to the level at which she wishes. We have really been trying to reduce the amount of whining and have taken to some drastic measures such as turning our backs on her. We tell her that she'll get attention when she quiets down, and wouldn't you know, it's working. She was an absolute angel two nights ago at the Wassermans and has been supremely pleasant the past few days so fingers crossed. It's amazing what not listening to hours of whining will do for a mommy's spirit!
Viv is most definitely into her baby dolls, Lulu and Baby Gaga. She loves books, music, blocks, cars and taking baths. The one and only time she has pulled herself up was to get into the bathtub. While Avery is very much a house plant, I think Viv prefers to get out and about.
She certainly has a very sweet disposition and is very loving. It's just been so interesting to note the similarities and differences between Avery and Vivienne. It goes without saying that as their mother, I find them endlessly entertaining and supremely interesting.
This has been, without a doubt, the best year of my life. I have experienced a level of contentedness and completion that I have previously only dreamed of. Having my family complete is more amazing than I ever imagined and I am so grateful to be at the place I've worked so hard to get to.
Here are Vivienne's 1 year stats:
18lbs 15oz | 20%
30" long | 55%
17 3/4" head | 50%





No comments:
Post a Comment