Sunday, July 3, 2011

vivienne's birthday party

I call this, "This is not working." Vivienne was SO super clingy before the party necessitating me wearing her and wow was decorating 3 cakes with a baby strapped to me a challenge.

To tie in to the 4th, her theme was Stars. Each of the kids got a customized star wand with coordinated colored ribbons. I'm setting the standard for future birthday parties too high.

Hair and makeup.
A few birthday portraits.

Some family shots.

She LOVED the cheese puffs and that's her with the fucking chicken.

All the friends: Brady, Annabelle, Vivienne, Eli, Ved, Hannah, Shanaya, Reuben, Avery and Madelyn

I LOVE these and the next pics. They really capture the wave of emotions that I was feeling singing Happy Birthday to my girl.
It was awesome.

She fed everyone the cake...except herself.
Smash....Cake!

She loved smushing and smashing the cake, not so much with the eating.


You can't have a 3rd of July / birthday party without sparklers.
That water was FREEZING, but she didn't seem to mind. This girl loves the water.

It's not a party unless someone ends up naked in the pool!
What an amazing, superb, spectacular day.


I am so thankful to all of our friends for coming to celebrate Vivienne's very first birthday with us. Thank you to Tavi and Erica for hosting. Thank you to Cathryn for taking so many beautiful shots (between the two of us we had about 1400*). Thank you to Tatiana for the birthday girl shirt that we based the entire party's color scheme off of. Thank you, everyone!


I'll admit, the day started off a little challenging because of the incessant whining and needing to be held by Miss Vivi. However, the cakes got made and decorated, she got a good nap and was in a great mood during the party.


The big kids can party and really, I didn't see much of Avery the entire afternoon. He did resurface when it was time for cake, however. I was so emotional when everyone was singing to her. We've spent a year of our lives with this girl already and the adventure has only just begun. Our tiny newborn is now a girl with likes, loves, opinions and personality.

Vivienne loved playing in the small baby pool even though the water's temperature was hovering just above freezing, despite the warm water Erica thoughtfully poured in. 

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to celebrate Vivienne's birthday.


*Within a week, both Cathryn and I have been at each other's house past 10pm all for the sake of pictures. We have completely gone off the deep end of our obsession.

1 comment: