Monday, May 10, 2010

The Wedding

Fatty & Shorty

At the altar

Just married

First Dance
So the entire time we were in Illinois, the weather was questionable at best, torrential at worst. This is the same storm that caused all of the flooding in Tennessee. I actually didn't mind the rain because it released me from any obligation "to do something" for most of the weekend. Meaning, I slept in and took a nap. It was a true luxury not to have to negotiate with a certain 2 year old to get just about anything accomplished and it made me realize how much of my time and energy is spent getting him to cooperate, listen and go along.

We did leave for the wedding a little early so that we could go wine tasting! (That exclamation point is sarcastic) Apparently, southern Illinois produces some pretty good sweet wines, not that I would know. I was prepared to enjoy a little wine at the wedding, but just couldn't bring myself to do more than take the tiniest of sips, both at the wedding and at the tastings. It's not because I was worried about the baby (she's fully developed and is at low risk of sprouting a third arm), it's that the spectacle that a very visibly pregnant woman imbibing a fermented beverage creates, made me uncomfortable. Also, I'm not 100% sure that Scott was okay with me having some wine because in total, I had 6 sips over 6 hours and he's still talking about it like I'm so kind of addict and in need of an intervention.

So it was "dumpin' down rain" and the only time it let up was during the ceremony, allowing Cheney and Travis to get married outside. The ceremony fit their personalities to a tee, and I love that Travis was the one who got teary. Cheney later told me that she had a valium :) They had their dog Nollie bring the rings down the aisle which was pretty darn cute.

They served bar-b-que which was a HUGE hit. However, the kids' buffet had mac n' cheese and the adults were so interested that the staff had to put a guard by it to ward off cheese loving grown-ups. Not to brag, but I helped myself to some and walked away, because who's going to stand in the way of big, hungry-looking pregnant woman who obviously hasn't had a drink in months?

Overall, we had a wonderful time. It was relaxing and very nice to be the center of Scott's attention. He can be supremely loving and attentive when not distracted by a hotel or 2 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment