If only I had known on Mother's Day that the trick to getting Avery to pose for a picture was to put the camera on timer, then that morning would have gone a whole lot easier.Scott and I celebrated our 5th anniversary today and it was as close to a perfect day as you can get. We leisurely woke up, snuggled with Avery in bed, had a casual morning, got ready, did some shopping, watched Avery eat a bucket of guacamole for lunch, took a long nap, and went out for a tasty dinner. Avery's behavior was exemplary and there were almost zero fights about using the potty. Scott is on his way to a movie and I am going to read in the bathtub.
At lunch, I got a little teary because I had a moment where it hit me that we are only going to be 3 bears for a little over a month. I want to cherish this time with Avery because he gets all of our love and attention, knowing that soon our lives will become an increasingly complex juggling act. We are all very excited for Sister's arrival but today was a day that I will cherish with my first born son and my wonderful husband.
PS. I am a bad wife and even though I did not forget our anniversary, I did forget to get him a card. Negative 5 points for me. Sorry, Bear.
At lunch, I got a little teary because I had a moment where it hit me that we are only going to be 3 bears for a little over a month. I want to cherish this time with Avery because he gets all of our love and attention, knowing that soon our lives will become an increasingly complex juggling act. We are all very excited for Sister's arrival but today was a day that I will cherish with my first born son and my wonderful husband.
PS. I am a bad wife and even though I did not forget our anniversary, I did forget to get him a card. Negative 5 points for me. Sorry, Bear.
No comments:
Post a Comment