Friday, July 6, 2012

vivi 2 year photoshoot









Monday's are typically my least favorite evening, so I've instituted Motivate Mondays in order to pass the evening hours at a quick clip. I had been planning Vivi's two year photo shoot for awhile and had visions of her in this cute dress from Grandma Heidi with matching balloons in a delightful urban setting. So, Monday rolls around and I decide to get Viv dressed (she had a haircut earlier that day, 4 inches), run to the store for balloons and take some amazing shots. Pez at the ready.

It took a ridiculously long time to find someone at Safeway to get the balloons, but we persevered. One the way, Scott called and said he was home and decided to come meet us. It really was a beautiful evening and literally the second I pulled into the parking space, the winds started to blow and the rain started to fall. Lovely.

Since Scott was with us and I had the balloons and the cute dress, I decided to go ahead with the shoot. Well, I don't LOVE the pictures. The alcove that we had to duck into to avoid the rain is not my favorite and if it looks like Viv is eating something, she is. Pez. On our way to take the picture I had dreamed about in my head for months, Viv let go of the balloons and thus endeth the photo shoot. Both kids were hysterical about the lost balloons. We watched them float away and decided to go get a drink and something to eat. Like I told Scott, at least we made some memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment