Wednesday, July 4, 2012

july 4th bike parade

Heading to the bike decorating area
Ready to ride
Luckily, our vehicles were in coordinating colors
Just some girls chatting on the curb

They don't like each other at all

So cute

Avery was running around like a crazy person and could not be bothered with pictures
At least I got some of him on his bike...with his tongue out
This was my only attempt at posing both of them
They, of course, were much more interested in playing

I LOVE this picture of Avery. I could stare at the joy on his face all day.
Over the past few years, July 4th has become one of my favorite holidays. That being said, I haven't seen fireworks in at least a decade. This year, Auntie Sarah was here to celebrate both hers and Vivienne's birthdays so we wanted to maximize the holiday fun. We decided to participate in the Cheesman Park Bike Parade and even though it was so super hot, everyone had a blast. Playing in the fountain after the parade was delightfully refreshing and the kids loved it. It took some convincing to get Avery to decorate Toffee, but we slowly worked our way up from one decoration to several. Crazy, he is not. We will definitely be back next year when hopefully, Avery will be on two wheels and Vivienne will be peddling something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment