





We the respectable ratio of grown-ups to children of 2:1, we decided to brave Water World for the day. I think all 6 of us had a pretty good time even though it took Avery most of the day to realize that this place is actually fun. The first thing we did was take him on the family water slide and he hated it. I'm thankful that he just hated it rather than actually traumatizing him. He was willing to go in the lazy river with me afterwords because it was slow. "Mama, I like this slow ride." Crazy, he is not.
Thankfully, Nikki got there just after the park opened and found us a primo place to set up camp, complete with chairs and generous shade. We all just took turns watching the babies and going on rides. Scott and I had a date on the Turbo Racer, which we thought was appropriate. Jon, at one point tried getting Avery to go on a "dangerous adventure" which involved getting him to the top of a water slide only to walk back down after the meltdown. The copious amounts of snot coming from Avery's nose was signal enough that he just wasn't ready. However, Jon did get him into the wave pool and to go down the kiddie water slides. He LOVED it, to say the least. I later took him back to the wave pool and he walked right in, into water over his head and I had to pull him out. The best part of the day was watching Avery go down the water slide. His expressions were priceless and I'm thankful that I had my camera to capture the moment.
Vivi slept the whole time, waking only to eat, and then it was right back to sleep. Luckily, there was usually a comfy lap ready to welcome her.








No comments:
Post a Comment