Friday, August 6, 2010

one month old









Vivienne, you are one month old today! Overall, you are still a very easy baby but you've been a little fussier lately, especially at between 6pm and 11pm. Initially, we thought that you were lactose intolerant like Avery was so I have cut out cheese and milk in my diet. You have no idea the kind of sacrifice this is :) In some ways, it has helped, but the last two days, you've thrown up a few times, despite me saying no thank you to grilled cheese. This makes me think that you might be suffering from acid reflux and I will be making a call to the doctor on Monday.

During the day, you have trouble falling asleep and like to be bounced in your bouncer, the vibrating option is not enough! You seem indifferent to being bounced in the bouncer to being held in someone's arms. When you're fussy, being held doesn't seem to help one way or another. I'm still hoping that you're a cuddly baby and will one day relish in being held.

You love looking at lights/sunlight as most babies do and there is something very interesting under the coffee table that I've yet to identify. You really enjoy your baths, especially when I rinse your head under the faucet.

Your sleeping patterns are definitely improving and at night you've started sleeping 4 hours, eating, then sleeping another 3.5-4 hours. This doesn't happen every night, but we're working on it. You are more alert and awake every day and can track mommy or daddy's face if we are playing with you.

I am just enjoying loving, cuddling and snuggling you, knowing that you'll only be this tiny for a little while longer. In some ways, I still can't believe that you're here and I look at you every single day and feel thankful that our journey has brought us to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment