Avery had his very first day of school today. Wow. I'm still in disbelief that my baby is old enough to go to school. As I type this, the house feels weird and it is very quiet (Vivi is sleeping).
Avery did great. He has been so excited for school ever since we attended orientation last week where he proclaimed, "I want to stay here forever!" It's a good thing I've taken him to the drop-in day care a handful of times because otherwise I would have been a mess. He was ready to go the second we walked in the door. I guess it was all of the new toys to play with. He went potty, got a Skittle from Ms. Peggie and said good bye. There were no tears (even I didn't cry) and he was on his way - the first day of the next 22+ years of education for him.
I wonder what he's doing right now?
So, I will try and find things to do to get me to 12:30 when I get to go pick him up and take him for frozen yogurt to celebrate. I'm sure it will get much easier to have this time on my hands as we make the transition to having a school boy living in our house.
I'm so proud of him and delighted at the little boy he has become.
My school boy.
Avery did great. He has been so excited for school ever since we attended orientation last week where he proclaimed, "I want to stay here forever!" It's a good thing I've taken him to the drop-in day care a handful of times because otherwise I would have been a mess. He was ready to go the second we walked in the door. I guess it was all of the new toys to play with. He went potty, got a Skittle from Ms. Peggie and said good bye. There were no tears (even I didn't cry) and he was on his way - the first day of the next 22+ years of education for him.
I wonder what he's doing right now?
So, I will try and find things to do to get me to 12:30 when I get to go pick him up and take him for frozen yogurt to celebrate. I'm sure it will get much easier to have this time on my hands as we make the transition to having a school boy living in our house.
I'm so proud of him and delighted at the little boy he has become.
My school boy.








No comments:
Post a Comment