Sunday, August 29, 2010

in the bath

This is one of my favorite pics of Avery. It's still on the fridge.

Here is Vivi striking the same pose!

After looking at both of these pictures, the first thing I can say is that I LOVE my DSLR camera. The picture of Avery was taken with my old point and shoot, the picture of Vivi was taken with the new camera - there is no contest. My DSLR changed my photo taking world and it is by far my favorite possession!

Avery is a couple of weeks younger in the bath picture than Viv, but she is still much more filled out than he was. It's funny, everyone thought Avery had A LOT of hair, but that girl has him beat. I'm trying as hard as I can to remember what Avery was like at that age (I had no blog back then), but more importantly what he felt like and what it felt like to hold him. It's amazing that in just a few short years one's body forgets what holding a newborn is like even though new moms spend much of our day doing so. I'm trying to imprint on my memory what it feels like to hold Vivi, how it feels to have her in my arms, to have her next to me in bed at this age and cherish every single second of it because I know too well that it doesn't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment