Thursday, August 23, 2012

putt putt

It took some convincing and watching a two year old drive the course, but I finally convinced Mr. Junior Republican to drive the mini race car.

Getting a ticket was probably the highlight for him

Getting buckled in

Reviewing all of the safety information
Two seconds before he hit the guard rail
Two seconds before he hit that yellow car
Putt putt was more his speed
Keeping score
He really was quite good and typically needed only one more shot than me to get the ball in
His tongue activity reflects his level of concentration
The only pic I could beg him to pose for. I don't even care that the camera is focusing on the rope.

No time for pictures, there were 18 holes to play
He of course chose a green ball
This was his favorite hole. I even let him use my ball...6 times.
Definitely more his speed

Waiting for our turn.
Since Vivienne started school a week before Avery, I wanted to maximize the fun of his last week of summer vacation as well as some quality mother/son time. So, we dropped Vivi off on her second day and headed to Boondocks. I talked him into driving the mini race cars which might have been a mistake because he was terrible. So terrible that after 3 crashes, he just stopped. I can't say that I blame him and hope his current driving skills are not an indication of the teen years. Despite the less than stellar race, Avery did wonderfully at putt putt. He had the best time and was actually very good at getting the ball to the hole. I love that he's old enough to actually participate in activities. We easily made it through the 18 holes, played some arcade games and then left to pick up Sister. It takes more than 30 minutes to get from Thornton to Temple Emanuel, fyi.  

No comments:

Post a Comment