Everyone is fine but Viv has a mild concussion. We were eating lunch at Whole Foods and I had a weird premonition that she was going to fall out of her chair, so I kept her on her bottom the whole time. Somehow she slipped through the seat and seat back and knocked her head on the concrete. When I picked her up, she turned grey/blue and her eyes rolled back in her head like she was about to pass out. It was at this point I asked the woman next to me to call an ambulance and then asked her to walk to to parking garage where there is always one parked because I knew she needed medical attention but I wanted to keep her upright and couldn't put her down. It took her a full minute to start crying, but even then it was weak. She was super loopy and out of it . 'Shit' may now be a part of Avery's vocabulary. The paramedics were there in about 2 minutes. Avery freaked out when we had to go into the ambulance, but did pretty well. Vivi had started to come around and by the end of the exam they said that they could drive us to the hospital or I could take her. I chose the latter, but the whole time I was thinking "Take us to Children's!!!"
Anyway, she checked out okay at the hospital and is doing great. Surprisingly, she was uber charming to the young male doctor :) I told him something was very wrong because she's never this friendly.
Sorry about the email, but I wanted you to know and I'm still decompressing. Scott did meet us at the hospital so I haven't had to deal with this by myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment