Friday, March 30, 2012

the music truck

Avery carefully making his selection

So many choices

Oh yeah. He was excited.

I give a lot of credit to the Driver. He told me he was about to hand Avery his treat and asked if I was ready to take the picture then suggested I should have brought my video camera.

Spiderman!



You may not be able to tell, but we are not close to home :)

Happy, happy boy.
What you're not seeing is how we actually got to the ice cream truck. We've been hearing the music in the neighborhood the past week because the weather has been so nice, and this year the gig was up. Previously, we told Avery it was the Music Truck in an attempt to not have him begging for a treat each time he heard the music, but the first time he saw it this year, he read the side, corrected me and said it was an ice cream truck. I honestly think he thought I was mistaken.

I told him that I would get him a treat the next time we happen to be outside and the truck goes by. However, it usually comes around during nap time. On this particular day, we hear the music, Avery asks for a treat, and I tell him that the truck is already gone. It's not like we can just open the front door and walk out. I can hear the truck getting further and further away and make a split second decision to grab my camera, leave a sleeping Viv behind and RUN with Avery to catch up to the truck. It was a good 4 blocks away by the time we got there. Luckily, the driver was flirting with some girl and was stopped for quite awhile, giving us time to get there. 

Avery was so excited. It was an awesome adventure for Avery's first Music Truck treat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment