red rocks
One of my goals for this summer is to spend more time in the mountains with the kids, so our first outing was to Red Rocks on a particularly beautiful Colorado day. Avery was amazed by the amphitheater but truthfully spent more time looking at the construction workers and their equipment. After we toured the theater, I attempted to take the kids on a hike but they both wanted to ride in the stroller. Well, if you've never tried to haul 60 pounds of kid up a mountain, then you haven't burned hundreds of calories per minute and thereby could eat two desserts that night. There are some stroller friendly trails, but this was not one of them. I decided to have a picnic and let the kids play in the red dirt instead.
We all had a fabulous time, enjoyed the beauty of our state and at one point Avery asked me why I was wearing snow pants.
I still have plans to take Avery 'mountain biking' but there have been some serious forest fires, so we're going to let those subside before our next mountain adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment