Sunday, February 5, 2012

the buttercup

Head down, eyes up...
That's the way she buttercups!

Cathryn did it! She captured the Buttercup. I can't believe it.

What you are witnessing is Vivienne's signature look. She's skeptical. She's not sure. She's telling you to fuck off. I'm pretty sure this is the precursor to the teenage eye roll.

Even though Vivienne is the most charming flower of the bunch around her immediate family, girlfriend still has some work to do in the friendly department. Here, she's Buttercupping Mady and she loves Mady. Even I am on the receiving end of the Buttercup from time to time so you can imagine the scowl a well-meaning admirer at Target is luckily enough to receive.

As I write this, Vivienne has already drastically reduced how much she Buttercups. She's still not overtly friendly with strangers but at least we've moved past openly hostile. She even said bye-bye to the teachers in the baby gym class we went to and didn't even bat an eye when they offered her a high five. Baby steps.

I have full confidence that others will eventually see what Scott, Avery and I see, but it might take some time.

Can I mention again how thrilled I am that Cathryn got this shot!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow! She looks SO much like Avery in this pic, I thought it was a pic of him a little younger and for some mean reason you dressed him up in girly snow gear. LOL.

    ReplyDelete