Monday, February 20, 2012

breckenridge take two | the hotel


Since Nikki had requested the week off for vacation and Scott and I didn't want to play Childcare Shuffle, we decided to take a little vacation as well. Scott can usually get pretty good rates at hotels, so we ventured back up to Breckenridge as a sort of redo of the Christmas trip. If you've forgotten, it involved projectile vomiting.

Well, our luck in the puke department did not hold, but at least this time it was only due to car sickness. Avery tossed his cookies on the steps of the hotel right when he got out of the car and then again on the way home. Poor kid, and poor Daddy who had to empty the bowl on the side of the highway in high winds.

ANYWAY, at least this time we left the hotel. Although, that was not without much difficulty because 1. it was frigidly cold outside and Viv cried whenever she was exposed to it and 2. Avery's behavior was less than stellar. He is in some sort of awful behavior, bad listening phase. Someone told me it is called the Fucking Fours, and I am in complete agreement.

Truthfully, the whole weekend felt like a lot of work. I'm so thankful that we were able to get away for a few days, but I am looking forward to the point where traveling with two children gets easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment