Sunday, January 9, 2011

vivienne | 6 months






Smiley and eaty (Daddy just coined that term) were his answers when I asked him what he wants to remember about you at 6 months old. My goodness you are a smiley baby even when you're cranky, you're smiling. You also constantly have to have something, preferably fabric, in your mouth (Avery did not show this obsession). I think you self sooth by bunching up the clothes you can reach by your neck and shoving them into your mouth. Frankly, I'm surprised you don't have a rash under there because of the constant moisture.

Okay, Lou. Tomorrow I'm contacting the sleep consultant because Daddy and I cannot sustain this lack of interrupted sleep and we would like to get your brother and his camping bed off of bedroom floor. I know it's not your fault, you're just a baby, but we haven't figured out the best way to teach you or encourage your sleep. Your napping really stinks if you have to sleep by yourself. You will however, sleep for 3 hours if I lay down with you. I am very hopeful this woman can guide us and in a few weeks time, we'll all be sleeping soundly.

I've back off the solid foods until we get the sleep thing figured out. You are so interested in what's going on around you and cannot possibly eat if your Daddy or brother are anywhere near you. Watching you and Avery play together, something you do all of the time makes me so happy. He adores you and the feeling is mutual.

Oh, Lou, I am so madly in love with you and savor every moment I have with my sweet 6 month old.

***UPDATE***
Vivienne bought herself a few extra days in regards to the sleep consultant. Scott and I decided to eliminate the 'one and done' method of going in and shushing her. On Saturday, we put her to bed, shut the door and said see ya no earlier than 4am, you're on your own. Well, she did wake up a few times, but never cried, just grunted (oh, I forgot to mention the grunting and I thought the raspberries were loud) and put herself back to sleep each time. She didn't wake up until 5:30am to eat, so we were encouraged. The next night she went to bed and we didn't hear a peep out of her until 5:30am again. Fingers crossed and everyone must speak in whispers and hushed tones as to not frighten the sleeper away.

No comments:

Post a Comment