Thursday, January 20, 2011

princess party

Princess Hannah

Um...'Prince' Avery?

I'm not exactly sure what they're all looking at, but the parachute was FUN!

Hell no, we won't go!

Blowing out the candle...please note how Annabelle is 'helping.'

The last of the big kids is 3 (sigh). We celebrated Hannah's birthday in full princess style at Gymboree last weekend. The kids are just on the cusp of being able to enjoy organized activities, but not quite. At any given point, someone was having a fit, running in a different direction, or exploring alone. Most of the them enjoyed dressing up and when I asked Avery if he wanted to put on some dress up clothes, he said no and gave me this look that said, "Why would I ever want to do that?"

It has been so interesting watching the older kids' personalities develop and see their interests grow. Avery, as you might imagine does not play dress-up, nor have I ever seen him pretend to be something other than a 3 year old boy (dog, fireman, etc.). "I just want to be Avery." I'm putting money on it right now...Engineer.

This is our last year of toddlerhood, heading directly towards KID. I can hardly believe it. So, happy, happy birthday, Hannah! It's amazing how much you've grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment