Sunday, February 7, 2010

Who Knew?

Despite how it looks, he's actually enjoying the shower.

Ha! Despite water in the face I got him to look (please note that in his hand are the 5 and J from an earlier post)

So fresh and so clean

Modesty patch

Sometimes when Nikki talks about Avery I feel as though she's talking about someone else's child. For example;

Avery is the best eater I know.
I can always get him to eat his fruits and vegetables.
He slept for 3.5 hours today.
I gave him a shower. You mean a bath? No, a shower and he loved it.

Okay, so I've come to accept that he eats much better for her and rely pretty heavily on her skills so that he gets his week's worth of nutrition on the days he spends with her, but shower? Really? You've got to be kidding me. Cathryn and I have spent many a Saturday at swim class with Avery and Annabelle and this activity always includes a post-swim shower. Well, from the screaming, writhing and wiggling put forth by these two, you would think that shower = torture. So yes, I've been a little hesitant...okay, it didn't even cross my mind to give this kid a shower if I didn't have to. However, while I was showering today Avery asked to come in and since Nikki said he liked his shower earlier this week, I thought, why not, what's the worst that could happen?

Turns out, he LOVED it and even after I got out, got the camera, took these pictures, he still asked for one more minute. Who knew?

This showering thing could be such a blessing because it was much easier than giving him a bath...but he probably doesn't scream for Nikki when she washes his hair either!

No comments:

Post a Comment