Sunday, February 7, 2010

Big Boy Bed

"What's happening? Green is happening. Mommy made the big boy bed."
(He's climbing in for the first time)

"Blog. Blog. Blog. Avery sitting on colors."
(Colors is the name of his new comforter)

"I'm stambing up with a bear. Bear jammies. Avery get dressed."

"Hahahahaha. Other pictures."

"I'm mad. Help me."

"I want to see a mommy and daddy picture. Mommy and daddy fold the clothes."

Avery apparently had more to say about the pictures from Hannah's party because these captions took some prodding. He might also be distracted by the fact he's wearing underwear and I keep asking him if he needs to go potty (no, we're not really training but he was interested in it today, mostly for the M&Ms).

So, on to the big boy bed. A few Friday's ago I spent the whole day assembling Avery's new bed and dresser. The novelty of having a two year old helper lasted as long as it took to assemble the bed. He now officially knows more about tools and putting things together than Scott. Avery immediately loved his bed, so much so that it took a few days for him to be able to nap in it. There were just too many nooks and crannies to explore. He only slept at night because he was so tired from not napping all day. Luckily now he is comfortably sleeping in his bed for both naps and nighttime and the best part is that he does not get out of bed by himself. There was one incident where he "escaped" while Scott was still up watching TV and he asked, "What are you doing out here!" and Avery was crestfallen when he realized that the fun had ended. Scott didn't even say this in a scolding voice, but Avery is a pretty obedient child and hated that he had done something "wrong." That was the last time he has escaped.

Avery knows that the crib is for Sister and so is half of the dresser. He has no desire to sleep in the crib again which I think is a good thing. We love having this big bed as it is fantastic for snuggling, reading books and general loving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment