
Since there really is no such thing as smooth sailing, this pregnancy has brought upon some high blood pressure. It started going up around week 12 and has finally reached the point where some extra tests are needed, 140/89. So they took some blood and I had the pleasure of doing a 24 hour urine collection. Go ahead and laugh. It's funny, especially for a pregnant woman who pees every 20 minutes and two drops feels like I've been partying all night and finally 'broke the seal.' I am really really trying not to worry about this too much because so far, it has had zero effect on the baby and despite feeling my heart pounding at various times and feeling a little flushed, it hasn't had too much of an effect on me. Oh, except for the stress and worry but I'm working on that. This did not happen while I was pregnant with Avery and I'm hoping that it's nothing serious but something that just needs to be monitored for the remainder of the pregnancy. I've also gone back to acupuncture because I really believe that it can fix anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment