Monday, February 22, 2010

Bud 20 Weeks


Avery (Sesame) @ 20 weeks | Bud @ 20 weeks
(please recognize how brave I am to put a picture of myself in a bra on the internets!)

(top) Profile with her arm by her head and (bottom) lady parts

(top) blowing a kiss with her leg up in the air and (bottom) profile

We had our big 20 week ultrasound this week and this is where they take copious measurements of all body parts to make sure everything looks healthy, and so far, she (and yes she's a she) looks perfect! My favorite parts of the ultrasound were when the technician was looking at her brain and said that the cerebral cortex, the part that controls movement was very well developed. Shocking! I could have told her that. My second favorite part is when Scott and I asked her to confirm that it is a girl and Scott ran up to the viewing screen to see the "three little lines." He only saw two.

At 20 weeks, I am generally feeling better than I did a few months ago, but I would not say that I feel good. There are significantly more aches and pains this time around and I'm still spending time in front of the toilet at least once a week. I can't say that I'm having any grand cravings, but eggs are usually on my list of breakfast foods I want.

This little lady is very active in comparison to Avery. She hates it when my belly touches my desk at work and kicks until I scootch backwards. Scott has yet to feel her moving but I think it's mostly because he's impatient and does not possess the ability to sit still and concentrate on one thing. However, her kicks are still pretty light when felt from the outside.

I'm glad I put my two 20 week pictures side by side because I can see some differences in how I'm carrying each baby. Bud seems to be a little higher and rounder than Avery was. Interesting.

Stats: Bud's heartbeat 150 bpm, approximate weight, 12 ounces. I've put on about 10 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment