![]() |
| Panning for gold |
![]() |
| And by panning for gold, I mean playing with the water |
![]() |
| She probably would have gotten in |
![]() |
| This is the best I could do. No one was interested in having their picture taken. |
![]() |
| The spectacular cave |
![]() |
| Serious spelunkers |
![]() |
| Stalagtites and mites |
![]() |
| End of the tour |
![]() |
| Checking out the gorge |
Our big adventure was heading down to Colorado Springs to give Eli and Kathryn some time in the beautiful mountains. Avery and I carefully perused our options and decided on a cave tour. Ok, I really didn't know what we were getting ourselves into. I was thinking a big cave room that we explored with some sort of education component. It was however, an hour long trek into the belly of a mountain - ducking, tucking and crouching required. Eli was a little unnerved by the tight quarters and Kathryn starting looking for an escape hatch. There weren't any. Luckily, everyone made it out alive and Avery and Vivi really seemed to enjoy the journey, even when they went 'cave dark' on us, and turned out the lights for a few minutes. The darkest dark you ever did not see.
I don't think Kathryn and Eli will be signing up for Young Cavers of America anytime soon, but thankfully the rest of our adventures were above ground...kinda.









No comments:
Post a Comment