Sunday, December 16, 2012

the recital | the lion sleeps tonight







This day finally arrived - Vivienne's first ballet recital and it did not disappoint. I have been waiting for this moment for years, even before she was a twinkle in my eye. Viv was so excited to get dressed up, have her hair done and put on a 'little pink makeup.' Of course, I ran through every scenario in my head about her crying at drop-off, crying on stage, just standing there like a deer in headlights, but none of that happened. She easily walked into the dressing room and said goodbye. Surprisingly, I didn't cry as much as I expected to. It was nothing but pure emotion to see my little girl on stage during her first dance, and even though she was waaaaaayyyyyy at the end, my heart delighted in watching her. She took her performance VERY seriously as you can tell by the funny facial expressions she's making but seemed to really enjoy it. So did her family. You can hear us laughing on the video because it was so stinking cute. That girl loves ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment