Saturday, September 1, 2012

maybe not a ballerina

RUNNING to ballet
She needs a more ridiculous ballet outfit
Mady's first Combo class (Cathryn thought she might do better by herself rather than parent/tot). I don't know why Viv is making that weird face.
She was less than excited...much less.
Annabelle gives Viv this look a lot and it melts my heart each and every time. They have a special relationship. The previous week, Annabelle asked Viv to be her sister.
Mady was not having it.
Cathryn and I have been planning on attending Mady and Vivienne's first ballet recital since the girls were just a twinkle in our eyes. However, what typically happens in these hypothetical situations, is that the actual person comes along and changes the situation completely. I think we knew Mady wasn't a ballerina from an early age, but they gave it a chance (the recital dream was pretty strong). Annabelle loves dance. Vivienne loves dance. Madelyn loves a lot of things, none of which are dance. I can't really even say that I'm disappointed about the recital because it's not even a question about celebrating who Mady is and what her interests are. I will be at any and all swim and gymnastic meets and leave Annabelle and Vivienne to perform in ridiculous costumes on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment