Friday, September 21, 2012

in bed together




















Scott and I were just talking this evening about how much we cherish the relationship Avery and Vivienne have. There are moments where my mental camera is flashing as quickly as possible taking mental images of their interaction. Just yesterday, I overheard Avery telling Vivienne that she is the best Sister in the whole world and that he loves her so much. She followed with an I love you, Brother as well. It is such a gift. 

We want to do everything we can to foster the bond between our children and for the past few months we have been putting them to bed together so that they can play, listen to music, read and 'wind down' together. If they'd sleep in the same bed, I would let them, but Vivienne always ends up in her own bed. 

Watching them when they are really in their groove, is the best part of my day. Avery is such an amazing big brother and I can already see the effect that his gentle spirit has had on his sister. I hope that their relationship continues to grow as they get older, and despite their ups and downs, they always remain close.  

No comments:

Post a Comment