Tuesday, December 13, 2011

i guess you could call it ice skating

They're all smiles now.

Getting ready to hit the ice.

And this is just about where misery set in.
Or here.

It was much more fun to watch.

Daddy and Sister were there too.

Sister at least had a little fun out on the ice.

Avery enjoyed it after we took the skates off.
Finishing up the evening with some hot chocolate.
Since last winter, I had been hoping to take Avery ice skating. So, on a random Monday evening Cathryn, Scott and I bundled up the kids and hit the rink after work. It wasn't a hit. I'm going to go ahead and put that out there. The big kids just couldn't seem to figure out how to even stand on the skates and were completely unnerved by their lack of balance on the ice. Avery and I only made it around the rink by brute force. I certainly got a work-out that night. We tried putting skates on Mady, but she would have none of it. Viv liked being on the ice, but in her boots. Finally, we gave Avery a walker and sent him out in his boots. He made it around the rink several times before security made him leave. Apparently, one has to be wearing skates to be on the ice.


As you would expect, we finished off the night with some hot chocolate.


Even though ice skating itself was kind of a bust, I appreciate that Cathryn and the girls were in for a last minute adventure and grateful Scott decided to come along. We couldn't have done it without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment