![]() |
| You'll see this chair frequently. It was the only way I could keep her in one place. |
![]() |
| I love the one on the left. |
![]() |
| Shortly after these pictures, she peed all over the blanked (okay, just reread this...what in the world is a 'blanked'? I meant BLANKET), but we kept going! |
![]() |
| My model is starting to lose it, which explains the calming baby wipe. |
Carrying on...
So my sister pointed out a few months ago that Vivienne seemed to have a lot of swimsuits and she does. Granted some of them are hand me downs from Hannah, but I'll admit, I went through a swim suit buying phase. Cathryn and Madelyn saw a different suit on Vivi each week at swim class for three weeks straight. I'm sure you can guess which one is my favorite!
Perhaps it is chronic teething, but our girl has turned into a bit of a fuss pot especially during the evening hours. After lunch out today, I wanted to take Avery to play at REI and Scott commented that Vivi seemed to be really cranky and that we should perhaps go home. I told him that if we kept her home whenever she was cranky, we would most likely not end up going anywhere. Her fussiness is not full-blown but she whines a lot. I'm almost impervious to the noise at this point and just carry on as normal hoping that one day she figures out that it won't really get her anywhere. It also just may be her teeth because, the tooth that appeared over a month ago is still just a tiny little bud, and there is another one coming in as well.
Despite the crankiness, she is still the joy in our lives. She smiles and laughs a lot. Does silly things and really has gotten her scootch on in the past week resulting in a consistent rug burn on her non-leading leg. She really doesn't get into anything she's not suppose to and is a fantastic listener.
She has started signing this month and can sign 'please' and 'all done.' Her spoken words include:
Mama, dada, baba, hi, bye-bye, all done, up, please, cheese, and Nik
If she's playing with a cell phone, she'll keep saying 'hi' over and over again. She loves to observe just like Avery did and is working on repeating our actions. Her love of trucks remains strong, but she also loves playing in the open kitchen cabinet that I have set up with lots of baby safe objects. She puts things in other things. She enjoys being outside and loves riding in the red car. It is a constant chore to keep her hair neat and orderly but she doesn't mind the tugging and brushing.
While we were playing on the floor together on Saturday, I was hit with the full weight of the love I have for her. I felt completely helpless and overjoyed. The years I spent dreaming about this girl and here she is, right in front of me, better than I ever imagined.







No comments:
Post a Comment